Mother-Daughter 8 Step Sunday Skincare Routine
What better way to get ready for a hectic week ahead than a DIY spa day?
I often get compliments on my skin, and it's beyond flattering. I credit good genes, regular facials, and a consistent skincare routine. Of course, my other secret magic weapon is mixing Gleam Face & Body Radiance into my foundation when I wear makeup!
It's essential to practice self-care with a great skincare routine that includes a weekly steam, scrub, and masking. This last Sunday, Solaris wanted to get a session in mainly to help clear up her blackheads and acne for her big first day at work. So we made a spa day of it.
Skin Prep Step by Step:
1. We start by washing our faces with the Senna Foaming Cleanser. Apply to moistened face using circular motions. Rinse well with warm water.
2. Next, we steam our faces. I love the Vanity Planet at home "Aria" Iconic Facial Steamer. It's the perfect size and takes seconds to get a good steam going. It can get very hot, so avoid getting too close or accidentally putting a finger over it. While steaming, I move my face around and get my neck and chest in the steam too. I like to steam until the steam runs out. Sooooo relaxing.
3. Then, we scrub with Senna's Brightening Polish, smells so good! I did find out that it is being discontinued, so I would advise on running to grab this product before it’s gone! If sold out, my next go-to scrub is the Skin Ceuticals Micro-Exfoliating Scrub. Rinse off the scrub with a washcloth.
4. Next, I love to apply a mask. My current fave is Senna's Cranberry Purifying Mask. I love it because it's a clay mask but doesn't dry out. It's still pliable and soft even when the times up. We leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water and a washcloth.
Now we've prepped our skin for the yummy nutrients! By this point, your skin is ready to drink everything in. It's important to let each product soak in a minute or two before going to the following product. If you go too fast, the products blend together. By taking your time in between each, you let each product do its job.
Skin Care Step By Step:
5. Start with Skin Ceuticals C E Ferulic with 15% L-ASCORBIC ACID. This is honestly my everyday go-to product every day! I feel like this is so key to great flawless skin. It’s expensive and worth every penny.
6. I then apply QMS Active Exfoliant 7% Resurfacing Fluid followed by Day Collagen Sensitive Serum. If you're going to get these two gorgeous products, you may as well get their Collagen System trio pack that includes the Night Collagen Serum that I love and use before bed.
7. Next, we went with one of our favorite eye creams, the Senna Eye Sculpting Cream. I like to massage it in upward circles. I think it helps with reducing built-up fluid.
8. Last but not least, a new favorite moisturizer is the QMS ACE Vitamin Day & Night Cream - light but very moisturizing.
And that's our recent weekly skincare routine. I need to say that I test skincare for at least a month before sharing the products. Unlike makeup, it’s not instantaneous and takes a bit to see if it works and feels good.
Shopping Senna products? Use code: MELANIEVIP for a special discount.